Steamed Green Beans
1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed & washed
Splash of olive oil
Dash of salt
- Set a steamer basket into a pot filled with water just below the basket
- Bring to a boil and add green beans
- Cover and simmer for 7 minutes, longer if you’d like a softer bean for younger babies
For Baby Led Weaning or your family dinner:
Once the beans have cooked, reserve what you’d like for baby and transfer the rest into a serving bowl and toss with olive oil. Add a dash of salt per taste for the adults.
- Steam for as long as 15 minutes or until tender
- Puree in a food processor until smooth and strain through a sieve. Another option is to puree and strain with the Baby Food Mill if you have a small amount of beans.
- Spoon into ice cube trays, cover with plastic and freeze for at least 3 hours or until completely frozen.
- Remove from trays and store in a freezer-safe container. We use ziploc freezer bags marked with the food and date.
- When ready to use, warm and if necessary add breast milk or formula to smooth texture.
Green Beans are a great first food for baby; low on the list for food allergies and full of vitamins.
Leave a Reply