- 4 pears and/or 4 apples
- Peel, core and dice fruit and place in a pan.
- Add ½ inch of filtered water and slowly bring to a rapid simmer.
- Cook 15-20 minutes until fruit is soft and take off the heat.
- After cooled, place fruit in a food processor and puree for 30-45 seconds until fruit is at the proper consistency.
- Add some of the cooking liquid if it is too thick.
- Scoop puree into ice cube trays with a small spoon, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 3 hours or until completely frozen.
- Remove cubes and store in a freezer-safe container.
- When needed remove a serving and thaw on counter, in the refrigerator or warm on stove top or microwave on lowest setting.