Poached Egg on Toast
- 1 organic, pasture-fed egg
- 1 tsp of vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 slice of sprouted bread
- 2 tsp of raw or cultured, organic butter
1. Fill a small pot with water 3/4 full and bring to boil.
2. Crack open your egg into a small dish (like a 1/2 cup measuring cup). And start toasting your bread.
3. After water has started to boil, add vinegar and quickly stir in a circular motion so as to create a funnel in the center and add your egg here.
4. Using a wooden spoon continue to stir gently to guide the egg in a circle to keep the egg white together surrounding the yolk.
5. Turn heat down to a medium simmer and took for 1.5 to 2 minutes.
6. When toast is finished, butter and using a slotted spoon gently gather the egg, tipping off any excess water and place on buttered toast and enjoy!
Leave a Reply