- 1 lb of organic ground chicken thigh meat
- ½ lb of fresh organic spinach
- 2 slices of organic, whole wheat, sprouted bread
- 1 egg
- 2 TBSP of butter
- ½ cup of bone or chicken stock
- First rinse spinach and add to a pot of boiling water.
- Cook in boiling water for 2 minutes or until spinach is bright green and the leaves have wilted.
- Remove from heat and strain while running ice cold water over the spinach.
- Press spinach to remove all of the water.
- Place on a cutting board and chop into fine pieces.
- Place bread into a food processor and pulse until made into fine bread crumbs.
- Add chicken, chopped spinach, egg and breadcrumbs to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Roll into balls and cook in a pan with 2 TBSP of butter and stock, while rolling and turning meatballs for 8-10 minutes or until entirely cooked through.
- If you are not planning on cooking them all right away, place raw meatballs on a parchment-lined pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 2 hours or until completely frozen, then remove from pan and store in a freezer-safe container.
These freeze wonderfully and the girls devour them!