- 1 cup of organic black beans
- 4 cups of bone or organic chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Rinse then soak beans overnight in filtered water.
- When ready to cook, strain beans, rinse again then add to a stockpot with stock and bay leaf.
- Cook with lid on, but leaving a small hole for some air to escape.
- Cook for 1.5 hours or until beans are soft and fully cooked through.
- Keep checking liquid to make sure the beans are still covered with liquid.
- Add additional stock or filtered water.
- Can be served as finger food as individual beans, or you can let cook, place in a food processor and puree until at desired consistency.
- If not using in in the next two days, scoop into ice cube trays, cover with foil and freeze for at least 3 hours..
- Remove from trays and store in a freezer-safe container.
Leave a Reply