Split Pea Soup
- 1 cup of split peas
- 1 carrot
- 4 cups of bone or chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Rinse then soak peas in filtered water for 2 hours.
- Peel and dice carrot.
- Strain peas, rinse again then add to a stock pot with carrots, stock and bay leaf.
- Cook for 1 hour or until peas are cooked through.
- REMOVE BAY LEAF.
- Place in a food processor and puree in batches until at desired consistency.
- Let cool, then scoop into ice cube trays, cover with plastic and freeze for at least 3 hours or until completely frozen.
- Remove from trays and store in a freezer-safe container.
Leave a Reply