Butternut Squash Puree
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Optional: breast milk or formula
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a glass pyrex dish with olive oil.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove center seeds.
- Place squash cut-side down and bake for 40-50 minutes until soft and fully cooked through.
- Let cool, then with a spoon, scoop out squash and place in a food processor.
- Add olive oil and puree for 30-45 seconds until at desired consistency.
- Scoop into ice cube trays, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least three hours or until completely frozen.
- Remove from trays and store in a freezer-safe container. We use ziploc freezer bags marked with the food and date.
- When ready to use, warm and if necessary add breast milk or formula to smooth texture.
Leave a Reply